Oatey® Fire Rated, 1/4 Turn, Copper - Washing Machine Outlet Box, Standard Pack
Oatey® Fire-Rated Washing Machine Outlet Boxes can be used in all applications that require supply valves and waste drains recessed into a Fire-Rated wall. Designed for commercial and multi-family applications, these boxes are Warnock Hersey certified for 1-hour and 2-hour fire-rated walls. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 38470
- Connects to PEX supply line with F2159 connection
- Includes two 1/4-turn valves
- Accommodates 2 hammer arrestors, sold separately, to reduce noise and protect pipes
- Fire-rated washing machine outlet box
- 2 in. drain opening fits PVC or ABS Sch. 40 DWV pipe
- Warnock Hersey certified for 1-hour and 2-hour fire-rated walls
- Box made of Bulk Molding Compound (BMC) with UL-classified intumescent pads and UL-classified insulating material
- Adjustable metal mounting brackets, easy to remove test cap
- Flexible valve/drain arrangement capabilities
- Box Dimensions: 8-1/3 in. W x 5-1/2 in. H x 3-3/4 in. D
- Faceplate Dimensions: 10-1/5 in. W x 7-2/5 in. H
This box is designed as a termination point for all drain and water connections necessary when installing a washing machine.
Are there height restrictions when installing a washing machine outlet box?
We always recommend that you refer to the washer manufacture instructions to ensure they do not have specific guidelines for finished drain elevations. The maximum height of the WMOB would be determined by the washer manufacture, accessories such as pedestals, and local plumbing codes. Oatey recommends the maximum elevation of the inside bottom of the WMOB is 48” above finished floor. The minimum elevation of the inside bottom of WMOB is 34” above finished floor, this is the same height as the flood level rim of a laundry sink with or without a cabinet.
Does Oatey offer a washing machine or ice maker valve that can easily attach to different pipe materials without adding additional adaptors?
Oatey is pleased to announce that we do offer such a valve for washing machine and ice maker connections; it is called the “Push Connect Valve”. These valves come as part of our Outlet Box collection. They are designed to easily accept ½” Copper, CPVC and PEX pipes, by simply pushing the ½” pipe into the Push Connect Valve Fitting. If for any reason the pipe needs to be removed after installation, no problem. Simply use the quick release tool to remove that section of pipe, and insert the new piece of pipe. No need for solder, pipe joint compounds or thread sealant/Tapes; just cut, de-burr and chamfer (bevel) pipe end before pushing and connecting the pipe.