Oatey Supplier Diversity Program
Since 1916, Oatey has provided reliable, high-quality products for the residential and commercial plumbing industries, with a commitment to delivering quality, building trust and improving lives. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, Oatey has locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China. Oatey, its affiliates, divisions, and subsidiaries are proud to conduct business in a manner that is both environmentally and socially responsible. This commitment to honesty, integrity, and humanity has existed for over 100 years and will continue as we expand our business activities and work with suppliers domestically and globally to meet customers' needs. Consistent with Oatey’s values, this work will be done through the lens of inclusion and with a strategic focus on equity.
Oatey Supplier Diversity
As part of our overall commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and in service of our Vision to be an inclusive organization, Oatey aims to contribute to the economic vibrancy of the communities we serve by including diverse companies throughout our North American supply base.
Diverse suppliers must be companies that are certified (or certifiable) as at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by U.S. citizens who are:
- African American
- Native American
- Asian Indian
- Asia Pacific
For suppliers doing business with us, or interested in doing business, please register with us via our supplier portal.
- Already Certified (Recognized Certifications) – Register and upload your Certificate to our Supplier Registration Portal.
- Want to be Certified – Reach out and seek one of our recognized certifications (see below), best aligned with your diversity status.
For any questions to register or seek certifications, please reach out to us at SupplierDiversity@oatey.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do I qualify as a Diversified Supplier at Oatey?
A: Diverse suppliers are for-profit enterprises that are at least 51% owned; and whose management and daily operations are controlled by a minority, woman, LGBT person, or veteran with U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Alien Status. Following are the diversity designations:
- VBE: Veteran Business Enterprise
- WBE/WOSB: Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- MBE: Minority Business Enterprise
- DVET: Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise
- CANADIAN MBE/DOBE/HUBZONE/LGBT: Canadian Minority Business Enterprise (CANADIAN MBE), Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE), Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZONE), Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual Transgender (LGBT)
- SBE: Small Business Enterprise
- DBE: Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- SDB: Small Disadvantaged Business
Q: What are the benefits of being a certified supplier?
- Networking and relationship-building
- Access to resources from certification agencies, including educational, development and advocacy programs
- Stand out from competitors
- Expanded business growth opportunities.
Q: I am a diverse supplier. How do I become a supplier to Oatey?
A: Start by entering your company's information into the Diverse Supplier Portal. You will receive an automated system message with your Login ID and Password. Please keep your profile and contact information current so that we can be in touch if an applicable opportunity to partner arises.
Q: Can I register my company even if it is not considered a diverse supplier?
A: Yes, all companies interested in doing business with Oatey are welcome to register.