Oatey® 9 in. x 12 in. Bagged Flame Protector
Oatey® Flame Protector is a Zoltek Pyron® based heat shield designed to protect studs, walls, floors and other surfaces from sparks or flames. It can be used on lines carrying water, steam, caustics and dilute acids. Made with flame-retardant Zoltek Pyron fibers and ideal for use while soldering near studs, joists or walls. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 31400
- Protects studs, walls, floors, other surfaces from sparks, flame
- Can be used while soldering near studs, joists or walls
- Ideal for use with propane and max power propylene gas torches
- Made with flame-retardant Zoltek Pyron fibers
- 9 in. x 12 in. cloth
- Withstands temperatures up to 2,500°F
- Includes brass eyelets for hanging from a stud or wall
|Size:||9 in. x 12 in.|
|Product Type:||Flame Protector|
Use the Oatey Flame Protector when the joint you are soldering is close to a finished surface that can brown or catch fire when the flame touches it. You simply position the flame protector between the joint and the surface to keep the finished surface from being damaged from the flame.