Oatey® Uni-Weld® 8700 Series Purple Primer is formulated for PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings. Aggressive primer removes surface dirt, grease and grime as well as softens the pipe surface to allow a fast, secure solvent weld. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Formulated for PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings
- Removes surface dirt, grease and grime as well as softens the pipe surface to allow a fast, secure solvent weld
- Purple tint ensures piping has been primed prior to solvent cement application
- For use in areas where plumbing code calls for verification that a primer has been used
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Low VOC, high performance primer meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements
- Meets ASTM Standard F656
- Complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||200|
Unfortunately once purple primer comes into contact with any material, the affect is permanent.
How do I remove Tamper Proof Lids off Cleaner and Primer cans?
We have posted a direction sheet for this process on our website in the technical bulletin and FAQ sections.
What should I do if there is a taste and odor in the CPVC water lines shortly after installation, how can I solve these issues?
Oatey cements and primers have outside lab approval for lines that carry drinking water (NSF). The plumbing system carrying the water should be drained by first shutting the water off at the water meter, which is most commonly found in the basement on the front wall facing the street. If you have a home on slab, it should be in the mechanical room with the furnace and water heater. Open all faucet valves and allow the interior piping system to air dry overnight. This will allow most of the remaining vapors from the cement and primer to dissipate and escape, air movement is a huge plus.