Oatey® Safe-Flo® Lead-Free Plumbing Wire Solder is a silver bearing wire solder designed for joining copper plumbing and potable water line applications. Its wide melt range enables more time for soldering joints. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professional for over 100 years.
- Lead-free silver bearing wire solder
- Meets the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Copper, bismuth, tin and silver alloy provides low melt point
- Designed for joining copper plumbing and potable water line applications
- 0.084 in. gauge
- 100% lead-free solder
- 420-460°F melting range
- Not recommended for use on aluminum
- Unlimited shelf life
- Approved to NSF / ANSI / CAN 61
Silver Lead Free, 95/5 and Instant Solder are approved for this application.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
How much silver is in Oatey Silver solder?
Less than 2%.