Oatey® PVC Rain-R-Shine Medium Bodied Fast Set Blue Cement is recommended for pool and spa, irrigation, potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV applications. Formulated for quick pressurization and wet condition applications. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Recommended for pool and spa, irrigation, potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV applications
- For use on all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6 in. diameter with interference fit
- Formulated for quick pressurization and wet conditions
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- No primer needed where local code permits
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Lo VOC Solvent Cement that meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements
- Meets ASTM Standard D2564
- Complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Set Speed:||Fast Set|
|Product Type:||PVC Cement|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
Available in 2 Variations
Showing 2 of 2
There are no results available
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please review the documents below and read our blog for more helpful information. Solvent Cement Cure Charts Solvent Cement Instructions
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.