Oatey® Rain Collar For No-Calk® Roof Flashings can be used as a secondary seal for commercial and residential applications that require a watertight seal for roof penetrations around the plumbing vent pipe. Self-sealing collar slides over pipe and requires no caulking. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Use as a protective water shield (slides down over pipe)
- Rated 180°F continuous heat and approved for Type B installations
- No caulking needed
- Do not use petroleum based products on rubber collars
- Non-fading collar material
- Not for hot-mopped or built-up roofs
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
After the correctly sized collar has been selected; you will apply a 100% exterior or marine rated silicone caulk to the top of the existing rain collar attached to the roof flashing, and also to the underside of the new rain collar. Slide the new rain collar down over the pipe to the top of the existing collar. Press the new collar down with enough pressure to seal the two together without collapsing the seal around the pipe.
Does the pipe have to be lubricated before the flashing is installed over the pipe?
No. You should however bevel (chamfer) the pipe end to prevent cutting or scaring of the rain collar as it is being pushed over the pipe.