< Plumber's Putty
Oatey® Plumber's Putty is a long-lasting, easy-to-use fixture setting compound for frames, faucets and basket strainers. It provides a waterproof seal between two rigid surfaces that remains fexible and will not harden, shrink, crack or crumble. It does not stick to hands and has no cure/dry time. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Key Features & Benefits
- Easily workable, soft, pliable fixture setting compound
- Use wherever a fungus-proof seal is required
- Will not crack, separate, crumble, harden or shrink
- Recommended for setting bowls, fixtures, faucets, sink frames, strainers
- Compatible with stainless-steel fixtures
- Does not stick to hands
- Meets Military Spec TTP-1536A
- If using on granite, marble, quartz, sandstone or Corian, recommend Oatey Stain-Free Putty, part number 31177
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
|Product Type:||Regular Plumber Putty|
|California VOC Compliant:||Yes|
Technical Resources (8)
Available in 3 variations
Frequently Asked Questions
This warning is listed because the Plumbers Putty contains small traces of Quartz; however the Quartz is inextricably bound and cannot come out of the product, so as a result it is not harmful.
Can any Oatey Plumber's Putties be used with ABS materials?
No. Plumber’s Putty will have an adverse effect on the ABS material and cause weakness which will lead to product failure.
Can putty be regenerated after it has dried out?
No. Once the putty has dried there is nothing that can be added to regenerate the putty without affecting the quality of the product.