- Easy cleanup
- Ideal for sealing metal threaded connections
- Maximum working pressure of 10,000 PSI on liquid lines from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum working pressure of 3,000 PSI on gas lines from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Not for use on plastic threads
- Soft-setting compound does not harden
- Use on water, air and steam pipe lines
- Will not separate |
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
Available in 3 Variations
Showing 3 of 3
There are no results available
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.