Oatey® No. 95 Tinning Flux is a petrolatum-based flux containing tinning powder to help pre-tin the pipe. It cleans, tins and fluxes most commonly soldered metals. 100% lead-free, No. 95 Tinning Flux is NSF-listed for potable water applications. Its formula prevents copper piping turning green and is excellent for large diameter copper pipe applications. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Key Features & Benefits
- Smooth, non-runny petrolatum-based solder paste flux
- 100% lead-free paste cleans and fluxes copper piping
- Use on copper piping and other metals without discoloration
- Petroleum base provides cleaning effectiveness
- Cleans, fluxes and pre-tins copper piping to provide uniform solder flow
- Ideal for large diameter copper piping
- Can be used in plumbing, fire sprinkler, heating, venting and air conditioning (HVAC) and other systems
- Will not turn copper piping green
- Compatible with all common plumbing solder alloys
- Material is safe for use in drinking water applications
- Excellent wetting characteristics for better solder flow and exceptional bonding
|Product Type:||Tinning Flux|
|California VOC Compliant:||Yes|
Technical Resources (8)
Available in 4 variations
Frequently Asked Questions
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.