Oatey® No. 95 Tinning Flux is a petrolatum-based flux containing solder powder to aid in soldering process. It cleans, tins and fluxes most commonly soldered metals. Excellent for large diameter copper pipe. 100% lead free. Tinning powder helps to pre-tin pipe. NSF listed for potable water applications. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professional for over 100 years. Made in the USA.
- Compatible with all common plumbing solder alloys
- Will not turn copper piping green
- Good for large diameter copper piping
- 100% lead-free paste flux cleans and fluxes copper piping to provide uniform solder flow
- Added tinning powder helps to pre-tin piping
- Petroleum base provides cleaning effectiveness
- Material is safe for use in potable water applications
- |For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
|Product Type:||Tinning Flux|
Available in 4 Variations
Showing 4 of 4
There are no results available
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.