Oatey® Hot Medium Blue Lava PVC Cement is formulated for wet conditions or situations involving fast installation of pressurization of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6" diameter with interference fit.
- Acceptable for use as a one-step application where local code permits
- Lo-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements
- Meets ASTM D2564
- No primer needed on non-pressure DWV, where local codes permit
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- Recommended for potable water, sewer and DWV applications
- Very fast setting
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
|Product Type:||PVC Cement|
|Set Speed:||Very Fast Set|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please use online charts or contact.
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.