Oatey® Gallon PVC Heavy Duty Gray Cement
Oatey® PVC Heavy Duty Medium Set Gray Cement is recommended for DWV, pressure pipe, potable water and electrical applications. Its thick formula fills gaps in large diameter pipe and fitting joints and is easy to apply with included in-lid dauber. This gray, low VOC, heavy duty, medium set cement can be used to solvent weld all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings with interference fit up to 18 in. diameter for non-pressure and 12 in. diameter for pressure pipes. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 31118
- It can be used on all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 12 in. diameter with interference fit, up to 18 in. for non-pressure
- Recommended for potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV applications
- Complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- Lo VOC Solvent Cement that meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements
- Meets ASTM Standard D2564
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Set Speed:||Medium Set|
|Product Type:||PVC Cement|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
Available in 5 Variations
Showing 5 of 5
There are no results available
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please review the documents below and read our blog for more helpful information. Solvent Cement Cure Charts Solvent Cement Instructions
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.