Oatey® 8 oz. All-Purpose ABS, PVC and CPVC Clear Cement and Purple Primer Handy Pack - 42 Piece Sidestack
The Oatey 8 oz. Purple Primer and All-Purpose Medium Milky-Clear Cement Handy Pack gives you everything you need for a smooth installation and convenient storage, at the best value. Recommended fo DWV, potable water and irrigation applications, the included Oatey® All-Purpose ABS, PVC and CPVC Medium Bodied Fast Set Clear Cement has excellent gap-filling properties. Also included is Oatey® Purple Primer, an NSF-listed, aggressive primer that removes surface dirt, grease and grime; softens the pipe surface to allow for a fast, secure solvent weld; and has a purple tint for visible verification that a primer has been used, which is ideal for areas where plumbing code require this proof. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 302322
Technical Resources (6)
Technical Resources (6)
- NSF purple primer PLUS all-purpose medium milky-clear cement
- For DWV, potable water and irrigation applications
- Primer removes surface dirt, grease and grim, pre-softens pipe
- Milky-clear, low VOC, fast set, all-purpose cement can be used to solvent weld all schedules and classes of ABS, PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings up to 6 in. diameter with interference fit
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Low VOC, high performance primer meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements, meets ASTM Standard F656 and complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Low VOC, high performance solvent cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements, meets the performance requirements of ASTM Standards D2564, D2235 and F493, and complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|California VOC Compliant:||No|
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Set Speed:||Medium Set|
|Product Type:||All Purpose Cement|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
You can use the online charts to calculate the cure time for your specific application. Please review the documents below and read our blog for more helpful information. Solvent Cement Cure Charts Solvent Cement Instructions If you need further help with cure times, please contact our technical department.
What is chamfering the pipe?
Chamfering is the act of beveling the outside end of the pipe, which you will be inserting into the fitting. This keeps the cement from being pushed out of the fitting and causing a weak bond in the joint.
Should I let primer dry before applying the cement?
The primer should still be wet when applying the cement. This means that the chemicals within the primer are still evaporating, but the appearance will look dry. The proper time frame to apply cement and finish the joint assembly is within five (5) minutes after the primer is applied.