- Flexible, non-hardening, non-separating, non-toxic paste
- No odor, easy clean-up
- Oil-based thread sealant with a uniform, smooth consistency for easy application
- Use on PVC, CPVC, ABS, polyethylene, polypropylene, iron, steel, copper or brass threads up to and including 2"
- Withstands up to 3,000 PSI on gases from -50° to +400°F and 10,000 PSI on liquids from -50° to +500°F
- For use with water, steam, caustics or dilute acid lines of PVC, CPVC, ABS, cycolac, polypropylene, iron, steel or copper
- Lubricates and seals thread on water, natural gas, steam, air lines, caustics and dilute acids
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.