Oatey® EP42 PVC/CPVC HD Gray Industrial Cement is recommended for applications requiring chemical resistance to caustics, including hypochlorite, mineral acids and aqueous salt solutions. It can be used with all PVC and CPVC materials including Corzan® CPVC piping systems and is easy to apply. Its UV indicator allows for quick and easy inspection of dry fit joints using any ultraviolet light source. This gray, low VOC, heavy bodied cement can be used to solvent weld Schedules 40 and 80 CPVC pipe and fittings and PVC pipe and fittings up to 12 in. diameter, as well as other classes and schedules with interference fit. It is resistant to caustics and hypochlorites up to 15 percent solution. Refer to the EP 42 Chemical Resistance Chart for compatibility prior to using with chemical solutions. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- For applications requiring chemical resistance to caustics
- Allows for quick, easy inspection of dry fit joints with UV light
- For Sch. 40 and 80 CPVC and PVC up to 12 in. diameter, and classes and schedules with interference fit
- Resistant to caustics and hypochlorites up to 15 percent solution
- Recommended application temperature of 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Low VOC solvent cement that meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements with maximum content of 490 g/L, meets ASTM Standard F493 and complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Set Speed:||Medium Set|
|Product Type:||CPVC Cement|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||200|
|Cherne Specialty Chemical:||No|
Available in 3 Variations
Showing 3 of 3
There are no results available
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please review the documents below and read our blog for more helpful information. Solvent Cement Cure Charts Solvent Cement Instructions
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.