< Cutting Oil
Oatey® Dark Thread Cutting Oil is formulated with activated sulfur to wet, lubricate and cool dies during the threading process. Specifically designed for use with high-RPM machine operations for threading steel and brass pipe. The oil provides lubrication, helping to make sharp, clean threads. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 30204
Key Features & Benefits
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey limited Warranty document
- Cutting oil for use with high-RPM thread cutting machines
- Use for threading steel and brass pipe
- Keeps machines running cooler and extends life of your dies
- Special mixture of sulfonated and chlorinated oils provides high film strength
- Oil helps make sharp clean threads
- Anti-mist and non-staining formula is not affected by weather
- No offensive odors
|Product Type:||Dark Cutting Oil|
|California VOC Compliant:||Yes|
Technical Resources (6)
Available in 3 variations
Frequently Asked Questions
Clear cutting oil is a blend of high quality mineral oils with sulfur base, and is used during manual or low rpm threading on small sizes of steel or brass piping. Clear cutting oil will not stain copper or brass materials either. Dark cutting oil is a blend of high quality mineral oils with sulfur-lard base, and is used when using high speed threading machines on all sizes of pipe.
What is the weight of Hercules Lube Oil?
Weight = 20 or ISO 68 viscosity oil.
What are the uses for Hercules Lube Oil?
This product is intended for general lubrication and is safe to use on most circulating pumps as well as bushings, bearings, linkages and sliding parts. This product should not be used on light electric motors.