Oatey® All Purpose Cement is a medium-bodied, milky-clear cement for use on all schedules and classes of ABS, PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings up to 6'' diameter with interference fit.
- Always check local codes for acceptability of this product
- Lo-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements
- Meets performance requirements of ASTM D2564, ASTM D2235 and ASTM F493
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- Recommended for potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
|Product Type:||All Purpose Cement|
|Set Speed:||Fast Set|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please use online charts or contact.
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.