Oatey® ABS to PVC Transition Medium Bodied Green Cement is used for joining ABS to PVC in non-pressure transition joints up to 6-in. diameter. deal for applications where the structure is plumbed in ABS and the local sewer system is plumbed in PVC, or vice versa. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Lo VOC Solvent Cement that meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements
- Meets ASTM D-3138
- Complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Set Speed:||Fast Set|
|Product Type:||Transition Cement|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please review the documents below and read our blog for more helpful information. Solvent Cement Cure Charts Solvent Cement Instructions
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.