Oatey® ABS to PVC Transition Medium Bodied Green Cement is recommended for DWV-sewer applications. The green color easily identifies application to pipe surface. Its medium body has excellent gap filling properties and is easy to apply with included in-lid dauber. This low VOC, fast set cement can be used to join ABS to PVC in non-pressure transition joints up to 6 in. diameter. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Code-approved Green cement solvent welds ABS to PVC
- For ABS-plumbed structures with PVC-plumbed local sewer systems
- Medium viscosity easily fills gaps and provides more working time
- Can be used to join ABS to PVC in non-pressure transition joints up to 6 in. diameter
- Recommended application temperature of 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Low VOC solvent cement that meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 requirements
- Meets ASTM Standard D3138 and complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Set Speed:||Fast Set|
|Product Type:||Transition Cement|
|Set Type:||Standard (40 - 105° F)|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||140|
Available in 3 Variations
Showing 3 of 3
There are no results available
Cure times vary depending on a wide variety of factors. Please review the documents below and read our blog for more helpful information. Solvent Cement Cure Charts Solvent Cement Instructions
What PVC cements allow for the longest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The regular body cement has the longest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the regular body cement has the quickest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the quick evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.
What cements allow for the shortest set-up time, for multiple joint assemblies?
The heavy duty cement has the shortest working time once the joint has been assembled on pipe sizes up to 4” diameter. However, the heavy duty cement has the slowest set up time before the joint is assembled because of the slow evaporation process. Any pipe sizes over 4” should be discussed with the technical department.