Hercules® Real Tuff™ is a multi-purpose, heavy-duty white PTFE thread sealant that uses a unique system of fine-grain PTFE particles to fill cracks and thread imperfections. The sealant forms durable, leak-free seals so that joints can be tested and put into service immediately. It can be used on lines carrying water, steam, caustics and dilute acids. Behold the power of Hercules®, products built to last and trusted by plumbers to withstand even the toughest conditions.
- Withstands temperatures from 50°F to 550°F
- Use on all metals and PVC, CPV and ABS plastics
- Multi-purpose, heavy-duty white PTFE thread sealant
- Suitable for use with all liquids, including drinking water, and gases except for oxygen
- Maximum working hydraulic pressure of 12,000 psi
- Will not run or drip from joints, is non-flammable, and contains no heavy metals or volatile solvents
- Particles fill cracks and thread imperfections for excellent lubricating and sealing properties
- Forms leak-free joints that can be used immediately
- Soft set with no cure time required
- Holds tight against expansion and contraction and resists strong acids, alkalis and ketones
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||122°F|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||50°C|
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.