Hercules® Real Tuff™ is a multi-purpose, heavy-duty white PTFE thread sealant that uses a unique system of fine-grain PTFE particles to fill cracks and thread imperfections. It can be used on lines carrying water, steam, caustics, and dilute acids. Plumbers have come to trust the Hercules offering to provide the highest quality thread sealants and other plumbing products.
- Can be used on all metals and on PVC, ABS, and CPVC plastics
- Safe for drinking-water lines
- Forms leak-free joints that can be used immediately
- Suitable for use with all liquids and gases except for oxygen
- Maximum working hydraulic pressure of 12,000 PSI
- Resists strong acids, alkalis and ketones
- Withstands temperatures from -200 degrees Fahrenheit to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Holds tight against expansion and contraction
- Formula is non-flammable and contains no heavy metals or volatile solvents
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||122°F|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||50°C|
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.