- Forms leak-free joints that can be used immediately
- Formula is non-flammable and contains no heavy metals or volatile solvents
- Holds tight against expansion and contraction
- Maximum working hydraulic pressure of 12,000 PSI
- Resists strong acids, alkalis and ketones
- Safe for drinking-water lines
- Suitable for use with all liquids and gases except for oxygen
- Use on all metals and on PVC, ABS, and CPVC plastics
- Withstands temperatures from -200 degrees Fahrenheit to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||50°C|
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||122°F|
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.