Hercules® Pro Dope® is an oil-based thread sealant with a uniform, smooth consistency that ensures easy application. Pro Dope will not drip or spill, and is lead-free and non-toxic. Behold the power of Hercules®, products built to last and trusted by plumbers to withstand even the toughest conditions.
- Designed for use with metal threaded pipe
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Wipes clean from hands
- Oil-based thread sealant with a uniform, smooth consistency for easy application
- Suitable for use in temperatures ranging from 0°F to 350°F
- Use in pipe systems carrying water, natural gas, air, steam, ammonia, brine, diluted acids and alkalis
- Withstands air and steam pressure up to 200 psi
- Will not leak or drip out of the container
- Resists hardening and cracking
- Do not use for LP gas lines or on plastic pipe
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||122°F|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||50°C|
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.