- Designed for use with metal threaded pipe
- Do not use for LP gas lines or on plastic pipe
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Resists hardening and cracking
- Suitable for use in temperatures ranging from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use in pipe systems carrying water, natural gas, air, steam, ammonia, brine, diluted acids and alkalis
- Will not leak or drip out of the container
- Wipes clean from hands
- Withstands air and steam pressure up to 200 PSI
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||50°C|
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||122°F|
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.