Call it the plumbing industry's only "bulletproof" thread sealant. Megaloc® Thread Sealant features Dupont™ Kevlar® in its formula. That's one part of what makes Megaloc the highest performing thread sealant on the market. It can be used on steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, aluminum and plastics. Plumbers have come to trust the Hercules offering to provide the highest quality thread sealants and other plumbing products.
- Odorless formula is non-separating, non-flammable and non-hazardous
- Seals plastic and metal pipes and fittings
- Wipes clean from hands and tools and washes out of clothes
- Performs over a range from -50 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safe for drinking water lines
- In-lid applicator
- Sets soft with no cure time required
- Resists hardening and cracks
- Hydraulic resistant to 12,000 PSI
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||122°F|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||50°C|
|Product Type:||With Kevlar|
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.