Hercules® 4 oz. All-Purpose GRIPP™ Pipe Joint and Gasket Seal
Hercules® Grrip™ is an all-purpose, non-petroleum, hydrocarbon-based pipe joint and gasket seal for use on all metals and on PVC, ABS, CPVC plastics. Behold the power of Hercules®, products built to last and trusted by plumbers to withstand even the toughest conditions.
Part #: 15510
- 1/4 pt. Screw Cap With Brush
- An all-purpose, non-petroleum, hydrocarbon-based pipe joint and gasket seal for use on all metals and on PVC, ABS, CPVC plastics
- Non-separating, and will not harden or shrink
- Performs over a temperature range of minus 90 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (on steel pipe), 12,000 PSI (hydraulic) and 2600 PSI (gas)
- Safe for drinking water lines
- Applicator in lid
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110°F|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43°C|
|Product Type:||Hard Set|
|Set Type:||Hard Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.