Hercules® Cryo-Tek™ 30 gal -100 Antifreeze is a ready to use 55% Virgin Propylene Glycol formula. It's designed for hydronic heating and cooling closed loop systems, most solar heating systems, snow melts, radiant heat and general plumbing systems. Behold the power of Hercules®, products built to last and trusted by plumbers to withstand even the toughest conditions.
- Blend of 55 percent virgin propylene glycol
- The triple protection inhibitor stabilizes pH to prevent corrosion, chelates, hard water minerals, and inhibit scale and sediment formation
- Not for use with galvanized, CPVC or aluminum
- Used in systems fabricated
- with metal, plastics and rubber piping, fittings, seals and other parts
- For heating systems requiring freeze protection as well as corrosion prevention
- Cryo-Tek is “GRAS” (Generally Recognized As Safe) for incidental contact with food
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey limited Warranty document
- Approved for use in Rinnai I-Series Boilers
Virgin propylene glycol has never been used previously. Some boiler manufacturers state in their warranties that antifreeze made with virgin propylene glycol is required or the warranty is voided. Recycled propylene glycol is captured and cleaned after use (mainly for de-icing aircraft). It is then considered a lower grade of propylene glycol and may still contain other ingredients even after cleaning. Hercules Cryo-Tek antifreeze is made only with virgin propylene glycol.
Are there specific products for aluminum boiler systems?
Yes. Use Cryo-Tek 100AL antifreeze for boilers with aluminum heat exchangers. Sludgehammer Universal Corrosion Inhibitor and Sludgehammer System Restorer & Noise Reducer is compatible with all metal heat exchangers, including aluminum.
Should I dilute Cryo-Tek antifreeze?
The answer depends on which Cryo-Tek antifreeze is being used, and what level of freeze protection is required. For more information, see this chart. Freeze point: The temperature at which crystals begin to form. Pumpable: The temperature at which there are sufficient crystals to impede the flow of the product. Burst protection: The temperature at which pipes burst.