Hercules® Climate Smooth Soldering Paste is a specially formulated flux for extreme climate temperatures. The premium petroleum based formula is a self cleaning flux that will not lose it's consistency in high or low temperatures. Plumbers have come to trust the Hercules offering to provide the highest quality of plumbing products.
- Smooth, premium quality, petroleum-based flux
- Formulated for use in extreme climate temperatures all year long
- Self-cleaning, lead-free formula
- Will not lose its consistency in high or low temperatures
- Meets Commercial Item Description A-A-51145 (supersedes Fed Spec O-F-506)
- Dissolves oxides during heating, even penetrates light oil film
- Works with all solders, including higher melting, non-lead bearing alloys, plus 95/5, 50/50, 40/60 and 60/40 solders
|Product Type:||Hot Weather Flux|
|Cherne Specialty Chemical:||No|
Available in 4 Variations
Showing 4 of 4
There are no results available
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.