- Formulated for use in extreme climate temperatures all year long
- Meets Commercial Item Description A-A-51145 (supersedes Fed Spec O-F-506)
- Self-cleaning, lead-free formula
- Smooth, premium quality, petroleum-based flux
- Will not lose its consistency in high or low temperatures
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux are recommended to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.