Hercules® Clear Thread Cutting Oil is compounded for cutting clean, unbroken threads when using manual or low-RPM threading machine operations. For use on small sizes of steel or brass pipe. Low torque means less work, less heat generated and a longer life for tools. Plumbers have come to trust the Hercules offering to provide the highest quality of plumbing products.
- Cutting oil provides lubrication for clean, sharp threads
- Use with hand tools and low-RPM pipe threading machines
- Free of nitrosamine-forming compounds and chlorine additives
- Designed for use on small sizes of steel or brass pipe
- Can also be used for hacksawing and light drilling
- Formulated for better heat dissipation when cutting
- Long-lasting formula with less residue backup
- Free of halogens, PCBs and heavy metals
Clear cutting oil is a blend of high quality mineral oils with sulfur base, and is used during manual or low rpm threading on small sizes of steel or brass piping. Clear cutting oil will not stain copper or brass materials either. Dark cutting oil is a blend of high quality mineral oils with sulfur-lard base, and is used when using high speed threading machines on all sizes of pipe.
What is the weight of Hercules Lube Oil?
Weight = 20 or ISO 68 viscosity oil.
What are the uses for Hercules Lube Oil?
This product is intended for general lubrication and is safe to use on most circulating pumps as well as bushings, bearings, linkages and sliding parts. This product should not be used on light electric motors.