Hercules® Brush-on Block™ is an all-purpose, high-performance pipe joint and gasket sealing compound. Recomended for use on metals including aluminum, black iron, brass, copper, stainless steel, galvanized steel and plastics, including PVC and CPVC. Plumbers have come to trust the Hercules offering to provide the highest quality of plumbing products.
- An all-purpose, high-performance pipe joint and gasket sealing compound
- Quickly Provides leak-proof resistance to high-pressure, temperature, expansion, contraction and extreme vibration
- Forms a tough, flexible and leak-resistant seal
- Use for joints, threads, valves, flanges, gaskets, pumps and tanks
- Performs over a range of -90 through 450 degrees Fahrenheit on steel pipe
- Can be used with hydraulic pressure up to 12,000 psi and gas pressure up to 2,600 psi
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110°F|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43°C|
|Product Type:||Hard Set|
|Set Type:||Hard Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
Available in 4 Variations
Showing 4 of 4
There are no results available
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.