Harvey™ HarveySeal is a multi-purpose, yellow thread compound that is non-hardening and non-separating. For more than 75 years, Harvey™ has offered a wide variety of products for the plumbing sector.
- Seals and lubricates metal or plastic threaded joints
- Will not harden or separate
- Withstands up to 3,000 psi on gases from -50° to +400°F and 6,000 psi on liquids from -50° to +400°F
- For use with plastic or metal threaded pipe carrying water, steam, caustics or dilute acid
- Formulated for lines carrying gas
- Includes brushtop applicator lid
|Product Type:||Soft Set|
|Set Type:||Soft Set|
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
Available in 3 Variations
Showing 3 of 3
There are no results available
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.