- 100 percent lead-free paste cleans, fluxes and copper piping to provide uniform solder flow
- Can be used on copper piping without discoloration
- Compatible with common plumbing solder alloys
- Effective on most metals, excluding aluminum and stainless steel
- Good for large diameter copper piping
- Meets ASTM standard B-813
- NSF standard 14 (Performance) and standard 61 (Health Effects) certified
- Safe for use in potable water applications |
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux are recommended to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.