Hercules® Cryo-Tek™ Solar System Antifreeze
Hercules® Cryo-Tek™ Solar System antifreeze is a blend of virgin propylene glycol and high purity additives formulated for use in closed loop anti-freeze heat exchanger systems. Blend of virgin (not recycled) propylene glycol and exclusive Triple Protection additives. Behold the power of Hercules®, products built to last and trusted by plumbers to withstand even the toughest conditions.
Part #: 35280
Key Features & Benefits
- Can also be used in radiant tube heating systems and geothermal loop
- Triple Protection formula stabilizes pH to prevent acid corrosion, chelates hard water minerals and inhibits formation of scale and sediment
- 5 gal size
- Use Solar System Anti-Freeze in solar heating systems that require freeze protection
- Compatible with PEX and elastomeric radiant tubing
- 94-98% efficient heat transfer solution in most application dilutions
- Cryo-Tek™ Solar System and all Cryo-Tek™ products is in.GRAS in. (Generally Recognized As Safe) for incidental contact with food
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
Technical Resources (8)
Available in 2 variations
Frequently Asked Questions
Virgin propylene glycol has never been used previously. Some boiler manufacturers state in their warranties that antifreeze made with virgin propylene glycol is required or the warranty is voided. Recycled propylene glycol is captured and cleaned after use (mainly for de-icing aircraft). It is then considered a lower grade of propylene glycol and may still contain other ingredients even after cleaning. Hercules Cryo-Tek antifreeze is made only with virgin propylene glycol.
Are there specific products for aluminum boiler systems?
Yes. Use Cryo-Tek 100AL antifreeze for boilers with aluminum heat exchangers. Sludgehammer Universal Corrosion Inhibitor and Sludgehammer System Restorer & Noise Reducer is compatible with all metal heat exchangers, including aluminum.
Should I dilute Cryo-Tek antifreeze?
The answer depends on which Cryo-Tek antifreeze is being used, and what level of freeze protection is required. For more information, see this chart. Freeze point: The temperature at which crystals begin to form. Pumpable: The temperature at which there are sufficient crystals to impede the flow of the product. Burst protection: The temperature at which pipes burst.