- With reversible lock nut for make-up with cast iron sinks
- High-quality stainless steel stick post basket and 4-3/8” flange diameter
- Includes metal post, heavy locknut, rubber stopper, extra thick washer, and machine cut threads
- Resists corrosion - maintains new appearance
- Easy installation and cleaning
- Designed for use in residential and commercial sinks
The repetitive use of harsh cleaners or drain cleaners can lead to the degradation of the basket strainer finishes. To avoid this, mild cleaning agents should be used or cleaning chemicals should be quickly removed from the surface of the strainer. Remember to also use soft sponges or cloths to clean the strainer, abrasive scrubbing pads can also scratch the finished surface.
Should silicone or plumbers putty be used when installing a basket strainer?
Either product is compatible with our brass and stainless steel components, but this may not be true of the sinks that they are being installed into. You should always check with the sink manufacture to seek their recommendations on sealant. If the sink is a porous material, the regular plumbers putty may stain the surface. Refer to our FAQs in category 4 for some surfaces that regular plumbers putty should never be used with. You should only use silicone to seal our plastic strainers, the use of plumbers putty will cause fatigue failure.
Are there any strainers available with decorative finishes?
Yes. The following finishes are available for our Plastic Strainers, Brass and Plastic Disposal Flanges: Plastic Strainers are available in Biscuit, White, Bone, Euro-White and Black Brass Disposal Flanges are available in UltraShine® Polished Brass and Polished Chrome Plastic Disposal Flanges are available in Biscuit, White, Bowl Bone, Euro-White and Black