Cherne® Multi-Size High Pressure Plugs are designed to handle 150 psi backpressure in applications such as water mains, force mains and industrial lines. Bonded rubber and metal eliminate separation resulting from high backpressures.
- The rubber and metal is bonded, eliminating fears of separation or rolling off resulting from high back pressures
- Optimized design using steel, aramid and natural rubber to ensure longevity and robust construction
- Water must be used to pressurize these plugs due to high working pressure
- Removable and field repairable hardware
- Safety/Over-inflation device
- Made in USA
- Air is purged from the plug during inflation
|Maximum Back Pressure:||150 PSI / 346 ft.|
|Inflation Pressure:||200 PSI / 13.8 bar|
|Product Type:||Multi-Size High Pressure|
Available in 8 Variations
Color / Finish
Chain Eye Bolts
Showing 8 of 8
There are no results available
Cherne offers a 2 year warranty on all pneumatic plugs from date of manufacture, (plugs are post-dated by six months to allow for shelf time). If kept in controlled conditions (not exposed to sunlight and kept at temperatures between 0-125 degrees F) the pneumatic plugs remain in good condition for a longer period of time. Plugs should always be inspected for visual damage prior to every use.
What type of rubber is a Cherne pneumatic plugs made from?
All of Cherne’s pneumatic pipe plugs are made from natural rubber. The only exception is our yellow pillow plugs which are made from a polyurethane impregnated fabric.
How do I determine what size plug should be used?
The first step is to determine the ID (inside diameter) of the pipe that will be plugged, and then choose the plug that matches the ID of the pipe for that application. Some of our Cherne plugs can be used for multiple sizes of pipe, but they should only be used when the size range of the plug is being used on a pipe which falls within that range. When in doubt, call the customer service help desk.