DWV Testing made Simple! Cherne® Mechanical Cleanout Plugs provide quick and easy DWV stack testing, eliminating backsplash draining though a mechanical, tool free operation. Cherne Industries is a global leader in pipe plugs and testing.
- Quick & Easy – Mechanical Operation
- High Test Pressures - Up to 150 ft/ 65 psi
- No Tools Required - Install / Remove in seconds
- Fits PVC, ABS, & Cast Iron Cleanout Tees
- Durable & Replaceable Rubber Pads
- 2 Stage Locking Mechanism - Locks into test & drain positions
- No Backsplash Draining
Yes. Cherne offers two chemical resistant mechanical plugs: The Cherne Well Monitor Plug and the Cherne Petro Econ-O–Grip.
What is the maximum temperature that the original gripper plugs be exposed to?
Gripper plugs have natural rubber O-Rings. These O-Rings allow for operating temperatures between 0° F to 125° F. Consult engineering for usage outside this temperature range.
Does Cherne off a Mechanical Plug that can be used to block and fill with water a DWV when conducting a rough-in test?
Yes. the Iron Grip Plugs can be used for this application and comes in sizes 2”, 3”, 4”, 6”, 8”, 10” and 12.”