< Low Pressure Joint Testing
Cherne® Low Pressure Joint Testing
The Cherne® Air-Loc® Joint Testers are designed to test large diameter, installed, pre-cast concrete pipe as described in ASTM C1103. Ready to test with water or air straight from Cherne’s factory—no modifications are needed—the Air-Loc® Joint Tester also allows you to pre-test before backfilling. Capable of testing to 10 psi air or 50 psi water. Cherne Industries is a global leader in pipe plug, blocking and testing.
Key Features & Benefits
- Recommended for testing pipe 24 in. and larger
- Fast safe and easy to use a five-second test determines joint integrity
- Lightweight aluminum design allows for easy assembly in manhole
- Independent, adjustable wheels – easy to move
- Available with or without control panel and wheel kit
- Replacement end elements are available
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
Technical Resources (1)
Available in 16 variations
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. There is a video on the Cherne page on YouTube that demonstrates how a joint tester works. Owner’s Manuals with specific instructions on assembling and using Cherne Joint Testers can be found in technical section of the Cherne website.
Can I order specific parts for a Honda test pump?
Owner’s Manuals and parts lists on all Cherne equipment can be located in the technical section of the Cherne website. http://www.cherneind.com/Data/ “pieces parts” – replacement parts for the hydrostatic test pumps and joint testers. We do not stock engine parts.
What is the test pressure called out in ASTM C1103 for joint testing?