The Dearborn Stainless Steel Rust Resistant Kitchen Strainer is the perfect accessory for your kitchen. Constructed of high-quality stainless steel, this tarnish-free brushed nickel sink strainer features a fixed post stainless steel basket with safety rolled edges and a neoprene stopper for secure connections. It is easy to install and includes all necessary nuts and washers. Dearborn is known for providing superior quality and products designed with the plumber in mind.
Part #: W9205BN
- Sink strainer made of stainless steel for long-lasting use
- Heavy duty gasket and seal to prevent water from leaking
- Fits the standard 3-1/2 in. kitchen sink drain
- Stainless steel "work horse" strainer and fixed post stainless steel basket with safety rolled edge
- Tarnish-free brushed nickel finish won't discolor
- Strainer has extra heavy duty gasket to seal water from leaking and heavy duty locking nut to make a secure fit to your sink
- Stainless steel fixed guide post basket has a neoprene seal on its bottom to secure water in your sink when needed
- Strainer has a safety rolled edge to prevent finger accidents
- Easy removal of strainer basket for easy cleaning of food particles
- Helps your sink endure daily use while protecting from everyday debris
- Includes all nuts and washers
The repetitive use of harsh cleaners or drain cleaners can lead to the degradation of the basket strainer finishes. To avoid this, mild cleaning agents should be used or cleaning chemicals should be quickly removed from the surface of the strainer. Remember to also use soft sponges or cloths to clean the strainer, abrasive scrubbing pads can also scratch the finished surface.
Should silicone or plumbers putty be used when installing a basket strainer?
Either product is compatible with our brass and stainless steel components, but this may not be true of the sinks that they are being installed into. You should always check with the sink manufacture to seek their recommendations on sealant. If the sink is a porous material, the regular plumbers putty may stain the surface. Refer to our FAQs in category 4 for some surfaces that regular plumbers putty should never be used with. You should only use silicone to seal our plastic strainers, the use of plumbers putty will cause fatigue failure.
Are there any strainers available with decorative finishes?
Yes. The following finishes are available for our Plastic Strainers, Brass and Plastic Disposal Flanges: Plastic Strainers are available in Biscuit, White, Bone, Euro-White and Black Brass Disposal Flanges are available in UltraShine® Polished Brass and Polished Chrome Plastic Disposal Flanges are available in Biscuit, White, Bowl Bone, Euro-White and Black