Oatey® Sure-Vent® 1.5 in. – 2 in. 160 Branch, 24 Stack DFU Air Admittance Valve with PVC Schedule 40 adapter
The Oatey® Sure-Vent® 1.5" – 2" 160 Branch, 24 Stack DFU Air Admittance Valve with PVC Schedule 40 adapter is a one-way valve designed to allow air into the plumbing drainage system when negative pressures develop in the piping system. Superior engineering along with stringent quality standards ensure unmatched performance. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 39016
- For use as a secondary vent
- PVC Schedule 40 Adapter
- One size approved to handle up to 3" vent pipe
- Vents up to 160 DFU Branch or 24 DFU Stack
- Sweet Spot™ technology opens valve at -0.01 psi and seals at 0 psi and above
- Screening on air inlets to guard the seal
- Protective sleeve provides grip for installation and keeps valve free from debris
- 100% functionally tested at ¼" H2O and 30" H2O ensuring trouble free performance
- Complies to ASSE Standard 1050 and 1051
- International Plumbing Code (IPC) and Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) approved
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
|Connection Size:||1.5 in. - 2 in.|
|DFU Rating:||160 Branch, 24 Stack|
|Adapter Size:||1.5 in. - 2 in.|
No. The Sure-Vents are not designed for exposure to Ultra Violet Rays.
Can the Sure-Vent be installed in the attic?
Yes, with exceptions. The attic has certain conditions that can affect the AAV performance which should be considered before choosing this as a location. The temperature ranges that the Sure-Vent will operate in are -40°F to 150°F, your attic can experience drastic temperature variations depending on how it is vented and your geographic location. Insulation fibers can get caught inside the diaphragm which will make it harder for the diaphragm to open, or achieve a good seal when it is in the closed position. The Sure-Vent should be installed a minimum of six inches above the finished height of your insulation, and the attic must have an access point to conduct scheduled maintenance.
How high above the fixture trap should the Sure-Vent be located?
A minimum of four inches above the horizontal branch drain (trap).