Oatey® Sideflash™ Vertical Flashings are designed to seal around piping, electrical and other utility penetrations through outside walls. The product features a hard plastic panel with an elastomeric collar that seals around the pipe. It is designed to be installed over the house wrap or building paper to become part of the building envelope. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Used in commercial or residential applications where a water-tight seal of piping penetrations through outside walls is required
- Features a hard plastic panel with an elastomeric collar that seals around the pipe
- Won't fade, crack or rust
- Rated to 180°F
- Organge color for easy identification
- Faster, less expensive and longer lasting than caulking or foam
- Prevents moisture from intruding to limit mold growth
- Seals against air penetration to reduce energy costs
- Prevents bugs and vermin from entering the home
Oatey Master Flash and Retro-Master Flash are rated for continuous temperatures up to 212°F. All other Oatey flashings are rated for B venting, which are continuous temperatures up to 180°F.
Can standard No-Caulk roof flashings be installed on a metal roof?
No. The Oatey Master Flash or Retro-Master Flash should be used in this application.
Before the flashing is installed over the pipe, does the pipe have to be lubricated?
No. You should however bevel (chamfer) the pipe end to prevent cutting or scaring of the rain collar as it is being pushed over the pipe.