Oatey® Safe-Flo® Lead-Free Solder Kits include wire solder, flux, abrasive cloth and an application brush to make the soldering job easier. Lead-free tinning flux is a smooth, non-runny paste that applies easily and spreads evenly. Tinning flux allows exceptional bonding and cleans, fluxes and pre-tins copper piping to provide uniform solder flow. The lead-free solder wire has a low melting point and will flow into the seated joint, making it ideal for copper plumbing installation. The abrasive cloth is used to remove oxidation from the copper surfaces prior to fluxing and the brush allows an easier application of the flux to the piping. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professional for over 100 years.
- Kit includes wire solder, tinning flux, abrasive cloth and an application brush
- Meets the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Copper, bismuth, tin and silver alloy provides low melt point
- Designed for joining copper plumbing and potable water line applications
- Lead-free tinning flux is a smooth, non-runny paste that applies easily and spreads evenly
- Abrasive sandcloth is a tough aluminum oxide abrasive that provides fast cleaning and long life
- Brush is made from 100% pure stiff horse hair and tiled with steel staple, making it ideal for applying flux to pipe surfaces and inside fitting
Silver Lead Free, 95/5 and Instant Solder are approved for this application.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
How much silver is in Oatey Silver solder?
Less than 2%.