Oatey® Quiet Pipes® Hammer Arrestors help solve current and potential water hammer problems. Quiet Pipes uses a piston design to help absorb the water shock in the system. When a valve is closed abruptly, the water moves into the pressurized chamber of the hammer and the water pressure is absorbed to prevent banging within the pipeline. Once the water flow comes out of the chamber, it is dissipated to the rest of the water line. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Water hammer arrestor with shock-absorbing chamber
- Helps reduce water line noise from loud hammering valves
- May be installed on a hot or cold water valve in any direction
- Shock-absorbing chamber reduces the banging noise from water line vibrations
- Protects plumbing appliances and fixtures from the effects of water hammer and helps extend the life of your valves
- Can be installed horizontally, vertically and in any position in between
- Installation does not require cutting your drywall
- Copper construction
- Quiet Pipes feature a simple piston design that delivers superior quality and ensures longer life
They can be mounted directly to the hot and cold connections on the back of washer or to the hot and cold water shut offs for the washer. We recommend they be mounted to the hot and cold shut offs for more stability.
Can hammer arrestors be installed upside down?
Yes. Oatey hammer arrestors are gas filled chambers which absorb shock no matter what angle they are installed.
Will the hammer arrestors ever fill with water?
No. The arrestors are gas filled and sealed with internal O-Rings. The only way that the arrestor will fill with water, is if one of the internal O-Rings fail. The O-Rings cannot be replaced and the arrestor would have to be replaced.