Try Oatey® Quiet Pipes® Hammer Arrestors to help solve current and potential water hammer problems. Quiet Pipes uses a piston design to help absorb the water shock in the system. When a valve is closed abruptly, the water moves into the pressurized chamber of the hammer and the water pressure is absorbed to prevent banging within the pipeline. Once the water flow comes out of the chamber, it is dissipated to the rest of the water line. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Quiet Pipes Hammer Arrestors shall be installed in any supply application which could experience water hammer
- Arrestors shall be effective installed at any angle
- Arrestors shall be lead-free, made of copper and include a polypropylene piston with two NBR o-ings
- Meets ANSI/ASSE1010-2004 requirements
- Listed and approved for installation with no access panel required
- Available in sizes AA
They can be mounted directly to the hot and cold connections on the back of washer or to the hot and cold water shut offs for the washer. We recommend they be mounted to the hot and cold shut offs for more stability.
Can hammer arrestors be installed upside down?
Yes. Oatey hammer arrestors are gas filled chambers which absorb shock no matter what angle they are installed.
Will the hammer arrestors ever fill with water?
No. The arrestors are gas filled and sealed with internal O-Rings. The only way that the arrestor will fill with water, is if one of the internal O-Rings fail. The O-Rings cannot be replaced and the arrestor would have to be replaced.