Oatey® Plastic Hanger Straps are a fast, economical way to hang piping of all types. Plastic Hanger Strap can be used as a pipe hanger, conduit and duct hanger, tubing strap, utility strap and more. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Plastic Hanger Strap is used to hang pipe from joists or rafters
- Nail holes are 1/8" in diameter and spaced 3/4" apart
- Non-corrosive, non-conductive, polyethylene
- Fast and economical
- Quick and inexpensive way to hang pipe from joists or raftersllStrap has alternating (1/4 in. and 1/2 in. Dia) nail holes
- Rigorously tested and proven to last in many conditions
- Flexible and easy to work with
No. Plastic hanger strap should only be used for temporary or non-load bearing applications. It can also be used as a mid-level strapping where required by code.
How far apart should I put the pipe supports?
There are several variables involved with the answer to this question; size of pipe, pipe material and changes in direction. It is always best to check with your local building officials for new installation applications, but you can also reach out to our customer service department for assistance when completing a repair project.
Are there any pipe support products that will support pipes hanging below the joist?
The Copper and Steel Pipe Hooks, Copper Plated Milford Hangers and CTS J-Hooks are all capable supporting pipes that hang down below the Joist or finished surfaces.