The Oatey Moda™ Supply Box System is designed to meet the needs of plumbing contractors for washing machine, ice maker, lavatory, toilet, dishwasher, SureVent® Air Admittance Valve and gas applications. The universal, single-box platform provides maximum versatility, installation simplicity and rugged reliability. MODA Supply Box System is the ultimate solution for speed and flexibility. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Moda™ secondary washing machine outlet box
- Includes washer box, aux drain box and funnel, 1 inlet connection and drain test
- Rated for high flow applications; inlet and funnel design creates air gap
- Two-piece valve design makes valve replacement easy to repair, without damaging drywall
- Advanced snap-lock design allows for easy assembly/disassembly and connection to another MODA box
- Separate valve and drain boxes allow paired or split boxes between walls or stud bays to prevent supply/drain crossovers; valves rated to 150 PSI air and 250 PSI water
- Infinite configuration options and dual box design with options for stacked washer/dryers and space-limited laundry rooms
- Includes tool-free 1/4-turn test plug with gasket to prevent knock outs falling down the drain pipe and an emergency drain port
- Box made of high impact polystyrene stands up to the roughest job site abuse
- Universal faceplate and brackets compatible with all MODA boxes
This box is designed as a termination point for all drain and water connections necessary when installing a washing machine.
Are there height restrictions when installing a washing machine outlet box?
We always recommend that you refer to the washer manufacture instructions to ensure they do not have specific guidelines for finished drain elevations. The maximum height of the WMOB would be determined by the washer manufacture, accessories such as pedestals, and local plumbing codes. Oatey recommends the maximum elevation of the inside bottom of the WMOB is 48” above finished floor. The minimum elevation of the inside bottom of WMOB is 34” above finished floor, this is the same height as the flood level rim of a laundry sink with or without a cabinet.
Does Oatey offer a washing machine or ice maker valve that can easily attach to different pipe materials without adding additional adaptors?
Oatey is pleased to announce that we do offer such a valve for washing machine and ice maker connections; it is called the “Push Connect Valve”. These valves come as part of our Outlet Box collection. They are designed to easily accept ½” Copper, CPVC and PEX pipes, by simply pushing the ½” pipe into the Push Connect Valve Fitting. If for any reason the pipe needs to be removed after installation, no problem. Simply use the quick release tool to remove that section of pipe, and insert the new piece of pipe. No need for solder, pipe joint compounds or thread sealant/Tapes; just cut, de-burr and chamfer (bevel) pipe end before pushing and connecting the pipe.