Oatey® Moda™ Fr, Plain Drain Box
The Oatey Moda™ Supply Box System is designed to meet the needs of plumbing contractors for washing machine, ice maker, lavatory, toilet, dishwasher, SureVent® Air Admittance Valve and gas applications. The universal, single-box platform provides maximum versatility, installation simplicity and rugged reliability. MODA Supply Box System is the ultimate solution for speed and flexibility. Using a single box platform provides significant convenience to installers. One universal faceplate and common metal brackets can be used on any MODA Fire-Rated Supply Box. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 37450
Technical Resources (3)
Technical Resources (3)
- Moda™ fire-rated drain outlet box
- Infinite configuration options for easy, flexible installation
- Includes tool-free 1/4-turn test plug with gasket to prevent knock outs falling down the drain pipe
- 1/2 in. adapter listed to PS-65
- Box made of high impact polystyrene stands up to the roughest job site abuse; listed to IAPMO PS-54
- Includes inter-locking wing flanges on each side, allowing installation on a single stud or between two studs using the included side brackets
- Box Dimensions: 8 in. W x 4.85 in. H x 3.38 in. D; Box Opening Dimensions: 3.82 in. W x 4.367 in. H; Faceplate Dimensions: 6 in. W x 6.45 in. H
- Valves not included
- Includes faceplate, pre-installed intumescent pad for protection under extreme heat, metal brackets and a debris cover
- Listed to Warnock Hersey to meet ASTM E-814 and UL 1479 for both 1-hour and 2-hour wood and steel stud wall installations; listed with Massachusetts Board of Plumbing
|Product Line:||MODA Fire Rated|
This box is designed as a termination point for all drain and water connections necessary when installing a washing machine.
Are there height restrictions when installing a washing machine outlet box?
We always recommend that you refer to the washer manufacture instructions to ensure they do not have specific guidelines for finished drain elevations. The maximum height of the WMOB would be determined by the washer manufacture, accessories such as pedestals, and local plumbing codes. Oatey recommends the maximum elevation of the inside bottom of the WMOB is 48” above finished floor. The minimum elevation of the inside bottom of WMOB is 34” above finished floor, this is the same height as the flood level rim of a laundry sink with or without a cabinet.
Does Oatey offer a washing machine or ice maker valve that can easily attach to different pipe materials without adding additional adaptors?
Oatey is pleased to announce that we do offer such a valve for washing machine and ice maker connections; it is called the “Push Connect Valve”. These valves come as part of our Outlet Box collection. They are designed to easily accept ½” Copper, CPVC and PEX pipes, by simply pushing the ½” pipe into the Push Connect Valve Fitting. If for any reason the pipe needs to be removed after installation, no problem. Simply use the quick release tool to remove that section of pipe, and insert the new piece of pipe. No need for solder, pipe joint compounds or thread sealant/Tapes; just cut, de-burr and chamfer (bevel) pipe end before pushing and connecting the pipe.
It appears that you're using an unsupported browser.
If you are currently using Internet Explorer we recommend you switch to Edge or another supported browser to enjoy the best experience Oatey.com has to offer.