Oatey® Jel-Flux™ is a self-cleaning, non-petroleum gel-type flux that contains ammoniates to penetrate tough oil films and to clean surfaces prior to soldering. Superior low smoke, low odor formula rinses clean with water or a damp cloth. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
- Self-cleaning, non-petroleum gel-type flux
- Usable on most common metals except aluminum and stainless steels
- Prevents oxidation during heating
- Enhances uniform solder flow to form perfect, leak free joints
- Lead-free and safe for potable water
- Does not freeze or decompose at high temperatures
- Environmentally friendly
|Product Type:||Gel Flux|
|Cherne Specialty Chemical:||No|
Available in 2 Variations
Showing 2 of 2
There are no results available
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.