- 100 percent lead-free paste flux cleans and fluxes copper piping
- Compatible with all common plumbing solder alloys
- Effective on all metals, except aluminum and stainless steel
- Flux formulation provides cleaning effectiveness
- Good for large diameter copper piping
- Includes brush for easy flux application
- Meets ASTM standard B-813 and is approved for use by model plumbing codes
- NSF standard 14 (performance) and standard 61 (health effects) certified
- Will not turn copper piping green
|Product Type:||Water Soluble Tinning Flux|
Available in 3 Variations
Showing 3 of 3
There are no results available
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux are recommended to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.