Oatey® H-20®5 Paste Flux
Oatey® H-20®5 Paste Flux is a water flushable soldering paste flux designed to clean and flux most commonly soldered metals. 100% lead free. Safe for use on potable water applications. Can be used on copper piping without discoloration. Excellent for large diameter - copper pipe applications. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years. Made in the USA.
Part #: 30132
Key Features & Benefits
- Water flushable
- Good for large diameter copper piping
- 100 percent lead-free paste cleans, fluxes and copper piping to provide uniform solder flow
- Meets ASTM standard B-813
- NSF standard 14 (Performance) and standard 61 (Health Effects) certified
- Safe for use in potable water applications
- Effective on most metals, excluding aluminum and stainless steel
- Compatible with common plumbing solder alloys
- Can be used on copper piping without discoloration
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty document
|Product Type:||Water Soluble|
|California VOC Compliant:||Yes|
Technical Resources (8)
Available in 4 variations
Frequently Asked Questions
The #95 paste flux contains a silver solder tinning powder which helps fill in the joint when heat is applied, #5 does not.
What type of solder and flux should I use to solder stainless steel?
None. Oatey does not manufacture a solder or flux for this application.
What is the difference between water soluble and non-soluble (petroleum base) flux?
The water soluble flux is less corrosive, and self-cleans on the interior of the pipe as water flows through the lines. The water soluble flux has a narrower temperature range when heating, but it works with all the solders.