Oatey® Purple Primer/Cleaner
Oatey® Purple Primer/Cleaner is a dual purpose primer and cleaner for use on all schedules and classes of CPVC and PVC pipe and fittings. It removes contaminants such as surface dirt, grease and grime. Its purple tint provides visible verification that a primer has been used, which is ideal for areas where plumbing code require this proof. It also applies easily with included in-lid dauber. Because it is less aggressive than primer-only products, always check local codes for acceptability. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years.
Part #: 30806
- Dual purple primer and cleaner for PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings
- Purple tint ideal when plumbing code requires primer verification
- Removes surface dirt, oils and other contaminants from piping
- Easy to apply on any diameter of PVC or CPVC piping with included in-lid dauber
- Less aggressive than primer-only products - always check local codes for acceptability
- All Oatey solvent cement and primer products are certified to UL Greenguard Gold
- Low VOC primer/cleaner that meets California South Coast Air Quality Management Districts (SCAQMD) 1171/M24
- Meets ASTM Standard F656 and complies with NSF/ANSI 61 health effects requirements
- Please refer to the Oatey Limited Warranty for warranty details
|Maximum Application Temperature °F:||110|
|Maximum Application Temperature °C:||43|
|Maximum Use Temperature °F:||200|
VOC means “Volatile Organic Compound”. Volatile describes a liquid that evaporates at room temperature and Organic is a compound that contains carbon. A low VOC level is considered at or below 150g/L and g/L are grams per liter.
How do I read the date code?
The date is written in Julian format. The first group of five numbers is the date of manufacture and is read as follows, i.e. 14045. The first two numbers are the year and the last three numbers are the day of the year. 14=2014 and 045=February 14th, so the date of manufacture is February 14th, 2014.
Where can I find the date code on can?
The date codes on all PVC, ABS and CPVC cements / Primers and Cleaners are located on the bottom of can.