Hercules® 3 in. or 4 in. Johni-Rings - Regular Wax Ring, Combo Pack
Hercules® Johni-Ring® Standard Combination Pack contains both the wax gasket and a set of Johni-Bolts®. Designed to work with all types of installations such as cast iron, copper and plastics. Behold the power of Hercules®, products built to last and trusted by plumbers to withstand even the toughest conditions.
Part #: 90214
- Soft and flexible high-grade petroleum wax ring
- Includes two 1/4 in. dia x 2 1/4 in. length solid brass bolts
- Hands stay clean; wax maintains shape
- Meets Federal Specifications TT-P-1536A
- For warranty product details, refer to the Oatey limited Warranty document
- Wax gaskets provide a permanent, sanitary, gas and watertight seal on most types of water closets
Although stacking two wax seals on top of each other seems to be a common practice, Oatey does not recommend this application. We recommend using a jumbo or extra thick wax ring instead the stacking method. Also consider raising the flange height with one of our spacer kits.
What ingredients are in wax gaskets?
Oatey and Hercules wax seals are a blend of Slack Wax (unrefined feed stock) and Micro Crystalline Wax (refined feed stock). These are used to control the properties and result in a premium finished product.
How is a wax seal installed?
It is always important to first set the toilet bowl in place before installing the wax seal; this will confirm that the toilet bolts are aligned properly, and the floor can be checked for levelness in case the bowl will need to be shimmed during installation.