Dearborn® True Blue® Brass Full Kit for Whirlpool Tubs, Uni-Lift Stopper, with Test Kit, Slip Joint, Female Outlet Tee, Chrome
Dearborn® True Blue® Bathwaste Full Kits - Innovative, flexible and designed with the plumber in mind! True Blue's integrated locking features reduce the amount of tools needed for installation which reduces frustration and time. Dearborn is known for providing superior quality plumbing products designed with the plumber in mind.
Part #: B178960CPFO
- True Blue® bathwaste full kit with uni-lift stopper
- Slip joint connection
- Full kit includes chrome trim kit with "Clean Out Here" on overflow , overflow assembly, waste shoe assembly, test kit and female outlet tee
- For tubs up to 24 in.
- Made of 17-Gauge brass with chrome finished trim kit
- Press-in trim veneer, available in designer finishes, installs simply with overflow test plug, eliminating the need for additional tools or sealants
- Screwless faceplate, engineered for a high flow rate and multiple tub thicknesses, and installed with a clockwise turn, has a symmetrical design to eliminate the need for perfect alignment
- Test plugs install with a 1/4 turn and are approved for testing up to 40 ft. of head, making testing fast and reliable
- Foamed rubber overflow gasket provides better compression and memory, creating a better and more reliable seal to prevent leaks
- Locking drain gasket is designed with a softer durometer and will not fall off at tricky angles, reducing installation frustrations while creating a better seal
- Pre-assembled components make installation quicker, so you can go from box to test faster
There are four materials to choose from: 17 gauge brass tubular Polyethylene plastic tubular PVC full and half kits ABS full and half kits
How is a bath waste/overflow tested for leaks after installation?
If you are just replacing an existing bath waste/overflow with a new one, a draining test will work. This test is completed by closing the stopper and filling the tub with cold water until it starts to flow through the overflow plate, and then shut off water and inspect all connection points behind the tub. Use cold water for energy savings. If the bath waste/overflow are part of a larger plumbing system installation, reach out to your local building officials to find out what type of test is required.
Does Cherne offer a plug that can be used to plug a bathtub waste and overflow when conducting a rough-in test?
Yes. The #012678 Tub Plug Set.