Cherne® Long Test-Ball® Plugs are designed for waste stack testing. Seals the rise and the run to perform test, and can be used to seal the wye to conduct sewer air tests. Cherne Industries is a global leader in pipe plug, blocking and testing.
- Natural-rubber construction provides an excellent seal
- Compatible with PVC pipes
- Makes sealing wye fittings easy when performing tests on DWV systems
- Withstands up to 13 psi or 30 ft of head pressure
- Ring and chain assembly help prevent the plug from being drawn into the DWV plumbing system during testing
- Includes a 3 ft extension hose with standard car-tire inflation valve
Cherne offers a 2 year warranty on all pneumatic plugs from date of manufacture, (plugs are post-dated by six months to allow for shelf time). If kept in controlled conditions (not exposed to sunlight and kept at temperatures between 0-125 degrees F) the pneumatic plugs remain in good condition for a longer period of time. Plugs should always be inspected for visual damage prior to every use.
What type of rubber is a Cherne pneumatic plugs made from?
All of Cherne’s pneumatic pipe plugs are made from natural rubber. The only exception is our yellow pillow plugs which are made from a polyurethane impregnated fabric.
How is it determined what size plug should be used?
The first step is to determine the ID (inside diameter) of the pipe that will be plugged, and then choose the plug that matches the ID of the pipe for that application. Some of our Cherne plugs can be used for multiple sizes of pipe, but they should only be used when the size range of the plug is being used on a pipe which falls within that range. When in doubt, call the customer service help desk.